Friday, March 28, 2008

Tire Karma?

Well, the tire sagas continue...

Thursday I got in my happy little van and headed for Memphis to see my BFF. Ten minutes out of town, I could tell that my tire was flat, so I took the Bovina exit and pulled into the parking lot of the "Total Horse." This is a locally owned and operated place that caters to the equine population.

No worries. I called the number on my AAA card so that I could get some roadside assistance. The nice lady on the other end started asking me where I was. Unfortunately, neither the "Total Horse" nor the nearby Bovina Cafe were on her list of landmarks. Imagine that.

Finally, a man drove up and I was able to get an actual street name from him. This made the AAA lady happy and she told me that help was on the way. A nice man named Robert came out to put the spare on and I ambled over to the Bovina Cafe in search of a Diet Coke and a bite of something to get me through until I could make it to Madison to pick up my BFF's mom, who was making the trip with me.

As it was between breakfast and lunch service, the only thing available was a luscious, homemade slice of lemon meringue pie. Famished, I decided to order a piece. With a thought for my pie loving friends Andie and Bev, I totally enjoyed eating my pie and drinking my Diet Coke while waiting for Robert to finish with my van.

Within minutes, the spare was on and I went back to Vicksburg, where Mr. T.D. promptly fixed me up with 2 new tires and sent me back on my way to Memphis.

First the scooter, now the van. My friend, Q, says that I may have bad tire karma.

Is there any cure for that?


3 comments:

Eleanor said...

Yes, there is. You just need to travel with more people full of hot air. ;-)

Karen :) said...

So you're gonna be my new traveling companion>??? ;P

SuziQoregon said...

There was PIE in this story?????

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...