Friday, May 22, 2009

Apple

I am still learning something new about Mr. Mac every day. I have a Mac for Dummies book (do they have one for someone dumber than a dummy???) but it is confusing me. I seem to learn better just pointing and clicking.

Ahhh, clicking. It is going to take me a while to get out of the habit of right clicking! Most of what I need is available from a drop down menu at the top that changes with the application currently in use.

So far, I do not like Safari. After two days of struggling with that, I downloaded and installed my beloved Firefox.

One of the fun things is the ability to set a computerized "voice" to tell me what time it is, every hour on the hour. The one currently in use is "Bruce." Ol' Bruce helps me keep track so I don't spend all day on this new toy.

I adore i-Photo! It is SO easy to use. I still want my Photoshop Elements back, but this is great for the easy stuff.

I can't wait to see what all this machine will do!

Stay tuned!


2 comments:

Eleanor said...

You Pod Person!!

;-)

Melissa Foster Denney said...

I hear . . .once a Macbot always a Macbot~

I HATE Firefox!! We have it exclusively at home and work now. . .UGH~ It's one reason I quit WW. Too friggin' slow and times out too quickly. . .I got so darn frustrated with the WW site that I just friggin' gave up.

I'm glad you're enjoying your new toys.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...