Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mr. Mac

Last Friday, I fried my PC. I planned to replace the CPU, but was not physically strong enough to dislodge the heat sink. So, I put things back together and tried to turn the machine on. 

All the fans whirred and the machine hummed, but it would not boot. I called my local guru and we went through all the obvious fixes with no results.

Reluctant to put much money into a 4 year old PC, I started weighing my options. I could try to replace my PC. Or, if I could figure out a way to finance it, I could get my dream machine.

A Mac.

To my utter shock, my DH agreed to finance 2/3 of my venture calling it my 50th birthday, 26th anniversary, and Christmas gifts rolled into one. So, yesterday, I trotted over to the Apple store and picked myself an iMac. It is going to take some time to get used to, but I am already hooked. 

I have heard it said that if you ever go Mac, you'll never go back. 

I believe it.


1 comment:

Melissa said...

I've never used a mac but I am so glad that you're liking it - and that you're reconnected!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...