Friday, August 07, 2009

First Sale

















Today I sold my very first watercolor picture. Granted, the money did not go to me, but to the Senior Center to buy more supplies for their arts and crafts program. It was even purchased by someone who was not a friend or relative.

When I got to the show this morning, my painting was still there. Ten other paintings, mostly oils, had already sold. I was afraid that I would be one of the only ones bringing my painting home, unwanted.

About 30 minutes later, THREE people all decided they wanted my painting at once. Mabel, who was a judge in this city for many years, got to it first and snatched it up.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

Sold!

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...