Saturday, May 29, 2010

"Cheap Joe"

I received a postcard from Cheap Joe today. Now I don't know Cheap Joe aka Joe Miller, personally, but he owns and operates the wonderful company where I am able to purchase many of my art supplies online.

I almost did not look closely at the postcard. I figured it was just an advertisement. But, I happened to turn the postcard over and take a closer look at it. And now I know what a class act Cheap Joe really is. This postcard mentioned the recent tornadoes in my area and offered to help replace any art supplies I may have lost that insurance would not cover.

I was stunned. I have never heard of a company doing this. But, as an artist, I guess Joe wanted to make sure his fellow artists had the supplies they needed to continue their artistic endeavors.

Fortunately, I was not in need of the help offered. But I did e-mail Joe thanking him for the thought.

With tears in my eyes.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...