Thursday, May 13, 2010

A Little Guilty?

Myasthenia Gravis has taken a few things away from me. My ability to work on a steady basis, reliable vision (most 50 year olds don't have that anyway!), being able to sing as long as I want to, and the security of knowing that I can get from point A to point B without falling, among other things.

But, MG has given, as well. Retiring from my job has given me the time to do the "fun stuff." Singing for my great nephew's preschool class, teaching watercolor at the local Senior Center, working on my church's website, and helping an elderly friend learn to use her first computer brings me great joy.

Many of my 40 hour a week working friends would love to be able to do what I do. And sometimes, I have to admit, I miss the perks of full time work. Nice clothes, manicures, pedicures, massages, yearly vacations, and the fulfillment of being a professional are things of the past. But, I would not go back, even if it meant not having MG. Seriously. I feel like I am where I am supposed to be, doing what I am supposed to do. Life is pretty good.

And I feel just a little...guilty.

1 comment:

Darlene in California said...

I think you have the best possible attitude. You have my respect & admiration.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...