Monday, May 03, 2010

Another Doctor?

The good news is that the steroid epidurals I had helped me get strength back in my ring and pinky fingers. A brace, worn at night, is helping the carpal tunnel symptoms. I can control my brush to paint again and I am not dropping hot pans on my pretty Corian countertops and burning them anymore. This is all good.

The not so good news is that the joints in my hands are still swelling and aching whenever I do much of anything. Simple things like typing for too long, stirring dough, holding a book, etc. make my hands puff up like those gloves on old cartoon characters and just ache. There may not be anything that can be done, but I just need to KNOW that, so I can adapt. And, if there is a solution, that is even better.

So, I await a referral to a rheumatologist. I was down to 7 doctors, doggone it!

Oh well, make it 8 again.

1 comment:

Carlos Ribeiro said...

I'm rooting for you here in Brazil!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...