Sunday, December 09, 2012

Goodbye, Mr. Sanders

My precious father-in-law passed away last night surrounded by all five of his children. Alice, Mike, Bill, Jerry, and Becky were  there to watch him take his last breath as he journeyed from this life to the next.

The thing Mr. Sanders was most proud of was his children. It delighted him that they all got along with each other. He was proud of the people they had become.


When I married into the Sanders family, Mr. Sanders "took me to raise." He treated me like I was "his." I never, ever felt like I was an outsider. I felt like I had a second "Dad." 

Rest in perfect peace, Mr. Sanders. You deserve it. 



1 comment:

auntie-c said...

Hugs and prayers for peace.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...