Thursday, December 20, 2012

The Bird Clock

When my father-in-law passed away, I was asked by his family if there was anything I wanted to have to remember him by. I thought for a few moments and pointed to the "Bird Clock." 

Mr. Sanders had owned this Audubon Society "Singing Bird Clock" for years. And even after years of that clock being in his home, it still startled me everytime the hour struck and I was twittered, hooted, or honked at. I used to make my thumb and forefinger into a "gun" and pretend to shoot the darn thing. I think my little gesture used to amuse my father-in-law, somewhat. 

Today, the cotton pickin' bird clock was indeed brought into my home. And it is already startling the wits out of me on the hour. I am going to have to figure out just what to do with this thing. Maybe I can disable the bird calls and just use it as a wall clock? Or maybe I just need to continue to take the bad with the good. Have a listen. What would YOU do??




No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...