Saturday, December 01, 2012

Doomsday?

I actually know several people who are gathering supplies in anticipation of "Doomsday." Some people believe this event is going to happen because Obama was re-elected. Others believe that this is going to happen for other reasons. 

Don't get me wrong. I believe in keeping enough supplies around to get by during the average natural disaster. I have some bottled water, canned food, batteries, etc. And, probably, most of my neighbors here in Mississippi do as well. To me, that is just smart. 

But, this extensive hoarding for "Doomsday" is just not something I am going to do. First of all, if something happens and most of my loved ones are gone, I don't particularly want to be here either. I can't imagine a world where the only people alive are me and the other hoarders. Secondly, the idea of hoarding, to me at least, implies that I don't believe that God is going to provide for me. And, to this point, He always has. And I don't think He is going to stop providing anytime soon.




No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...