Wednesday, April 16, 2014

The Book!

After many years in the making, my husband's book about the old cemeteries of Claiborne County is out and available. 

This book was many years in the making. Bill personally hiked to and through these cemeteries himself, with the exception of one that was forbidden to him. He did his best to uncover every stone and, where possible, leave the cemetery in better shape than when he found it. 

Not only did Bill track down and document these cemeteries, he cross referenced names with marriage and death records in order to link families together. The result is a very nice book that should be a wonderful resource for anyone interested in the history of the Claiborne County or Genealogical research. 

The book can be purchased through amazon.com, dorrancebooks.com, and I usually keep a couple of signed copies at The Cricket Box. Cost is $31.00 for a signed copy at the Cricket Box and you would be supporting a local business. You can also message me on Facebook if you are interested in a copy.

The cover artwork is my own rendition of Grand Gulf Cemetery. I painted it for Bill several years ago and was honored that he used it for his cover. I also took the photograph of him that appears on the back with my iPhone 5 camera at Greenlawn Gardens. It only seemed proper to have his photo taken in a graveyard. 

Getting a book published is not an easy task. The back and forth between the writer and the editors can get tedious at times. But, after many months, Bill's dream is finally a reality.

I could not be prouder. 



 
 

1 comment:

Carrie L said...

Congratulations to BIll and to you, as you are both published!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...