Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Another Day, Another Diagnosis

As expected, my new endocrinologist diagnosed me with adrenal insufficiency. My body simply is not making steroid and probably is not going to in the near future. So, I increase my Prednisone slightly and everything should be OK. Right?

Uh, no. In addition to the adrenal insufficiency, I have also been diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease. This is not uncommon, especially for women my age, but treatment might be able to make a huge difference in how I feel. 

My doctor wants both of these on my Medic-Alert bracelet. The problem is, there is no more room on my (large) medic-alert bracelet. I don't think that it would be a good idea to take asthma, congenital myopathy, severe food allergies, or the fact that there is an epi-pen in my purse OFF of my current one. I guess I am going to have to get another medic-alert to wear along with this one. At least some more stylish ones are available these days. Sheesh!

If all goes well, I might be feeling better in a few months. That would be lovely.

Now to get on the medic-alert website and order my new bracelet. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...