Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Tagging Along

In a couple of days, I will be headed to this lovely place, Lake Barkley State Resort Park in Kentucky. My friend, Teresa, has traveled with me all over the place in the past for my events and meetings. Now it is my turn to tag along with her to a Fiber Fest. I don't do yarn, but this looks like a lovely place to just relax for the weekend. All my expenses are paid. My kind of trip!

I have not been any further than the Jackson area since May of 2013 and have not been anywhere during the Fall in years. I am knocking on wood, as I prepare to leave Thursday afternoon, that nothing will come up to make me have to cancel this much needed getaway. The past months have been difficult. My husband's lung cancer diagnosis and surgery, my own hip replacement, nursing home experience, and new health issues have worn me down physically and emotionally. I hope to recharge my batteries for the rest of what should prove to be an exciting October. 

Thanks, friend Teresa, for letting me tag along. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...