Sunday, October 12, 2014

Double Nickles

Today has been such a lovely day! Up a bit too early at 5 AM, but I managed to begin answering birthday wishes on Facebook, get ready, gas up, buy a cake for our second Sunday brunch, and get to Hermanville by 8:15 to practice my solo before anyone else arrived. 

The congregation sang "Happy Birthday" to me. What a treat! And the excellent sermon by our pastor, Charles Pope, was another treat. 

My husband took me out to lunch and I got to see Peyton Manning play for a few minutes before heading off to Heritage House, where I sing for afternoon Sunday School class on the second Sundays of the month. I got to see some of my favorite fellow senior citizens. 

Then home to eat a second slice of cake. Hey, my birthday only comes once a year! 

It seems like forever since I have had a birthday that was this stress-free. Birthdays of the past few years have been spent with loved ones in hospitals or waiting for test results to see if cancer had returned or spread. I remember being so exhausted that I completely slept through one birthday when my Daddy was sick. 

I am always rather humbled by all the birthday wishes I receive on Facebook. I know they remind folks. Still, I am amazed at how many people take the time to wish me a happy birthday. 

One of the best things about turning 55? The discounts! My age now entitles me to some nice discounts at a lot of places. And, believe me, I am not so vain about my age that I won't be asking for them!

http://www.lifecarefunding.com/blog/senior-discounts/ 

Fifty-five and still alive and kicking!

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...