Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Fear

Some sources say that there are 365 Bible verses telling us not to fear. This is one of my favorites.

 "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." Matthew 10:31 KJV 

I think everyone has particular verses that resonate with him or her. This is one of mine. I grew up fearing many things. From the "Russians" to getting "out of step" in marching band, I spent many days and nights being just plain scared. 

Several years of therapy helped me to find the roots of my fears, and to overcome them. I wish I could say that I have absolutely no fears now, but I manage them pretty well, using the wisdom of Jesus and my own common sense. 

Don't get me wrong. I take reasonable precautions to ensure my safety. But, I simply refuse to live my life in fear. I think that is an ultimate insult to the God who consistently tells us not to be afraid. 

Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest. Joshua 1:9 KJV

In these troubled times, I am clinging to these verses, while living my life to the fullest!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hcqrVtXZT0 




 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...