Thursday, August 30, 2018

Encouraged

Merriam-Webster defines encouraged as to inspire with courage, spirit, or hope. 

I have found it necessary to "snooze", "unfollow" or in rare cases, "unfriend" people on Facebook who insist on posting steady streams of unsubstantiated political garbage (this goes for BOTH sides of the aisle). I just get tired of seeing the same old stuff. I have fact checked it all on multiple sites, and very little, if any of it, is true. And what purpose does it serve? 

But, lately, I have gone back to these hidden friends pages and noticed a trend. Fewer people seem to be jumping on the hate wagon. Most of these posts get one or two likes, are almost never shared, and seldom commented on. Maybe I am not the only one who is tired of the constant negativity? And maybe, just maybe, some people are beginning to think before they pass on questionable, hurtful, and malicious things? 

There is a saying that "Hurt people, hurt people." I fervently hope that maybe there are fewer nasty posts because the people posting them, commenting on them, and sharing them are not hurting as much inside. 

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33






No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...