Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Bryan















The photo on the left was taken last Christmas. The one on the right was taken yesterday.

My nephew, Bryan is in graduate school for electrical engineering at Mississippi State University. He has an assistantship as well as a full load of classes. As someone who did the grad school thing twice, I know how hard it is to get to a gym and count calories while juggling the rigors of post grad education. 

I had the privilege of driving Bryan home from Starkville yesterday. We talked about everything from comic books, to music, to movies, to which writing style was required for engineering papers, to where his childhood friends are now. 

The sweet, shy child I remember has become a confident, articulate young man who values friends and family. He knows what he wants in the future and has a plan to get there. He has also inspired his decrepit old Auntie to do something about her own weight. 

Keep up the good work, young nephew! 


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...