Monday, June 24, 2019

Preaching Station

As of today, Hermanville United Methodist is no longer an official "church." We are now what is known as a "preaching station." 

Over the past two years, we have lost key members to death, moving, and, sadly, to other churches. Our membership was already small. We simply could not financially continue to support the salary and retirement of an assigned pastor with only 7 official remaining members.

So, we will be meeting twice a month. The messages will be given by guest speakers and ministers. This will be a new experience for the people of Hermanville UMC. We don't know how it is going to go. I am praying and hoping for us to be able to stay together as a church family in some fashion. 

When I think of this situation, I think of this song. I hope our preaching station really helps us to realize that WE are the church and that we can continue in this new form. Prayers appreciated. 

I am the church! You are the church!
We are the church together!
All who follow Jesus,
all around the world!
Yes, we're the church together!

The church is not a building;
the church is not a steeple;
the church is not a resting place;
the church is the people.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...