Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Last Words

Sometimes, out of morbid curiosity, I will look up the Facebook page of someone who has recently passed on. Often, there will be the tributes from loved ones lamenting the loss of the departed. 

Sometimes there will be posts visible that were written by the deceased. Or how they describe themselves in that brief bio that shows up in the "About" section. 

A couple of times recently, I have been shocked at the profanity-laced offerings I found. And it made me think: If I were to die, what would I want my last Facebook post to be? A hateful comment putting down an entire race or class of people? A piece of unsubstantiated gossip? Name calling of people on the other side of the political aisle? Once it has been posted, someone has seen it, even if one chooses to remove it at some point. 

Facebook may very well be the lasting repository of your last words. 

What would you want them to be? 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...