Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Thinking the Worst

This morning, I received a phone call from the medical clinic where my husband had his physical a few weeks ago. The nurse asked for Bill and when I told her he was not at home, she asked me to give him a message to call her back.

Well, thanks to HIPPA, I knew better than to ask for any information. But, my thoughts immediately began racing. Was there some test that had come back abnormal? I thought we had all the results.
Had they decided that he needed some more tests? Bill is so healthy that sometimes I take his good health for granted. I can't even picture him really sick. If he did get sick, would I be able to take care of him?

Hours later, Bill came home, called the clinic and discovered that they simply wanted to nag him about not scheduling a routine colonoscopy yet.

How often do I immediately think the worst? And how often does it turn out to be nothing?

Oh me of little faith.


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...