Monday, July 24, 2006

Praying for a Parking Space

Now this may sound silly to some, but when one is disabled, one learns to pray for parking spaces. Finding a handicap slot can mean the difference between being able to attend church, a funeral, or a concert, and just having to turn around and go home.

Tomorrow my friend John is being remembered in his own beautiful funeral home chapel. I know he would not have it any other way. But, I may or may not get to attend. It just depends on whether or not I can find a place to park where I can unload my mobility scooter. This is just one of the challenges of everyday life and most of the time, I can deal with whether or not I get to attend a function.

But, tomorrow is different. I want to say goodbye to John. So, as of right now, I am praying for a space.

1 comment:

SuziQoregon said...

Well those lily livered landlubbers had best leave ya a parkin' spot!

Arrrrr

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...