Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bronchitis & Clutter



It has been a while since I have blogged. This is largely due to a bout of bronchitis that I have been battling for almost a month. I am on round three of antibiotics, but the cough just hangs on. I felt better for a few days and actually rallied enough to go to Montgomery to see some dear friends. But the symptoms are just hanging on and I am worn out. Bronchitis is not only sapping my physical energy, but it seems to be affecting my mental energy as well. My singing voice is gone, but I am trying not to panic too much about that just yet.

There have been some pluses to being more confined than usual. I have made some lovely cards. I have read several books. Looking at the clutter around me has actually inspired me to start a bit of organizing and getting rid of things I don't need. I found a cool organization, Bridge to Asia, http://www.bridge.org/books.html that sends used textbooks to China and Southeast Asia. I have decided that it is time to get rid of most of the counseling textbooks. Most of the information I want is online. I need to de-clutter in order to be able to physically maintain my home.

So, bronchitis has been a bit of a gift, but I am ready to give it back now!


1 comment:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

What an great way to think of your illness. . .as a gift.

I hope you feel better.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...