Monday, February 02, 2009

6 Weeks?

According to ol' Phil, who saw his shadow today, there are to be 6 more weeks of Winter. Phil is obviously NOT in Mississippi, where weather changes are the norm rather than the exception. Saturday was a beautiful day with temps in the mid 70s. Sunday was a windy, wet, and chilly 49.

I hear friends from other parts of the country talk about putting up their Summer or Winter clothes. I really can't do that. I have worn shorts on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, and New Year's Day in the past. And, sometimes, I have been known to need a sweater in June, though, I admit, this is rare. But let me put up ALL my sweaters the first of June and you can bet I will need one at some point during the month.

This year seems to be a particularly challenging one to dress for. Even when the temps are 60 degrees, my toes have been cold. I have been wearing my RedHead lambswool hunting socks just about everywhere but church. And I have to admit that I have been tempted to wear them there! But if it hits 70, I am reaching for the Capris and sandals. I don't seem to have a happy medium temperature zone.

So, as always, despite what Phil says, I will keep all my clothing options open. After all, if i don't like the weather in Mississippi, give it a minute. It will change.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...