Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Grapefruit

Monday, I ate a grapefruit.

I know that this does not sound all that remarkable, but this was the first one I had had in 10 years or more. Citrus is one of the first things to go when you have acid reflux disease. But, now that I have had my surgery, I am able to eat much more normally.

I found my old serrated spoon, cut that pink grapefruit in half, sprinkled it with just a pinch of sugar, and dug in. To say it was heavenly is an understatement. You can keep the oranges and the tangerines. I adore grapefruit.

Because of some reactions with my daily medications, I have been told to keep my grapefruit consumption to one whole grapefruit per week. I can live with that.

I ate half on Monday and the other half on Tuesday. I get to look forward to eating another one next week.

My mouth is watering already!

1 comment:

auntie-c said...

Rockin' cool, babe!!!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...