Sunday, October 25, 2009

Art Show












Last night I attended my first art show where I actually had my own art hanging. I was floored when I walked in, and an old friend greeted me with the news that one of my paintings (this one!) had sold to one of the patrons of the association. It was the most expensive one and although, after getting it framed and after the art association gets a cut, I won't "make" much, it is still a thrill. At least I have some cash to continue pursuing my new hobby.

It turns out that my friend's mother is the lady who called me to ask me to make food for the reception. We talked for a while at that time and she is sympathetic to the handicapped access situation. She has e-mailed other members and plans are being made to do what needs to be done to remedy this situation. I feel like I have an ally now in my quest to get this building more disability friendly. Not just for myself, but for others as well.

I did not win any prizes, but I did not expect to. Most of those go to the professional, established artists. I have to admit that some of the things that won awards are totally over my head as far as appreciation goes. I guess I am not "artsy" enough.

Some things are better off not being understood.

;)






No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...