Friday, October 16, 2009

Weight Loss Challenge

Tomorrow I am going to bite the bullet and join a citywide weight loss challenge.

It is not going to be easy. Losing weight under even the best of circumstances never is. Put allergies to shellfish, ocean fish, oats, barley, legumes, cruciferous vegetables, apples, pears, bananas, grapes, strawberries, melons, and anything in the squash/gourd family and that makes it considerably harder.

In addition, I have to severely limit dairy due to sensitivities. I am not able to eat the "diet" dinners, shakes, bars, or other snacks without pretty unpleasant results. I have to also limit tomato, citrus, and peppers due to reflux.

Now, add in a daily dose of steroids. Oh, and the inability to exercise due to Myasthenia Gravis. Actually 5 of the 12 meds I take daily list weight gain as a side effect.

But, I don't want to be one of those bed bound people on TLC or Discovery Health, so I am going to have to find a way.

And I will.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...