Saturday, August 17, 2013

Butterflies for Jessica

A few weeks ago, a friend asked me to put the daughter of one of her co-workers on my prayer list. Young Jessica, age 12,  was riding in her family's van when a tire blew out. She was wearing her seat belt, but it malfunctioned and she was ejected from the vehicle. Jessica's spinal cord was severed and she is now paralyzed from the waist down.

Of course, I immediately began praying for young Jessica and her family. I also began following her journey on her blog and now Facebook. I painted this late one night and imagine my surprise when I saw the following post on Jessica's Facebook site the next morning.



Color Me Purple
Jessica needs some color in her room. 
Let’s help her out by sending her beautifully colored
 Get Well cards, pictures, and posters.
Jessica loves butterflies, the colors purple, orange, lime green, and sky blue.
Draw a picture for Jessica to help brighten her day and also decorate her room.
Send your cards and pictures to:
Jessica’s New Journey
P.O. Box 17511

Memphis, TN 38187


It was quite obvious that this painting was meant for Jessica. So, I will get it matted today and ship it off Monday. I pray it will brighten her room and her spirit.

If you want to follow Jessica's Journey, check out

 https://www.facebook.com/jessicasnewjourney 
or
http://www.jessicasnewjourney.blogspot.com/


 
 

1 comment:

Michelle (Isabelle) said...

Beautiful painting, Karen. Think you heard God's angels whispering in your ear while you were painting. So sorry to hear about the injuries of this beautiful young lady. I will join you in prayer for a healing on her behalf. I firmly believe in miracles. God Bless you, Jessica.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...