Thursday, September 29, 2016

End of an Era

This Saturday, I will sit and watch my first LSU game in many years without the presence of Les Miles. It is going to be odd. 

At his best, Les made football fun. His gambles usually paid off. I could tell his players loved playing for him. Eating grass, clapping his hands, Les was obviously having the time of his life. 

I realize that in the SEC, winning really IS everything. There is simply no place for coaches who are not winning. My head gets that. It was probably past time to make a change. But, a piece of my heart will always be with Les. 

Godspeed Les. And thanks for the memories. 

 

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...