Sunday, September 18, 2016

Worth the Price

I have to admit it. I am exhausted. I am so sore that even my hair hurts. Holding up my head tonight is taking quite an effort and I am slightly dizzy. 

But, this weekend was totally worth the way I feel tonight and will probably feel for the next few days. I got to make a short trip to Memphis to see my longtime BFF, Teresa, perform in a cabaret style musical show. And, ladies and gents, she was a hit! 

Back when I was in my twenties and early thirties, I did quite a few shows at the Vicksburg Little Theater. Teresa would drive down to see my shows, even missing the birth of her niece to see me perform. Now, I get to return the favor. 


Of course, this show was on the same weekend as our Charge Conference at Hermanville United Methodist Church!  I came home Saturday afternoon, made a trip to Corner Market who "baked" for me, and finished getting things ready for our visit from District Superintendent, Stephen Cook. What a lovely, uplifting man he is. Still fatigued after only about 8 hours sleep in two nights, I was able to enjoy this morning's service. 

Yes, I am tired. I am hurting. I am going to have to get some rest. But, sometimes I just have to push it a little for the things that are worth it. 

And this weekend was worth it! 

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...