Sunday, April 16, 2017

Road Trip!

Tomorrow I leave for my longest solo road trip ever. I am going to Fauquier and Culpeper Virginia, the land of my Nelson ancestors. 

While there, I am hoping to find a link or two beyond my great, great Grandfather, Major B.F. Nelson who was born September 4th, 1817 in Fauquier County. At some point, he moved to Copiah County, Mississippi and sired George B. Nelson, who then fathered George B. Nelson Jr, (my grandfather), and my Daddy, George B. Nelson III. 

Along the way, I am going to stop and have meals with family and friends. And, special friends are going to meet me in Virginia and hang out with me (and hopefully help me with my research!) while I am there. A trip to see the home of Thomas Jefferson, Monticello, is also in the plans. 

I am going to have to be careful to pace myself, but I have my neurologist's blessing to make the trip. Many things have been weighing heavily on me for some time, and I am looking forward to leaving it all behind for a few days. 

A fun song mentioning from Virginia from one of my favorite musicals, 1776! 

https://youtu.be/urgrF6OBuZc

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...