Friday, March 13, 2020

Immunosuppressed

I am what is known as immunosuppressed. I have to take steroids every day and will have to take them for the rest of my life. These steroids help keep me functioning and fill in the gaps of my faulty adrenal system. But, they also make me more susceptible to getting infections and illnesses. To complicate things, I also have a neuromuscular issue and asthma. 

I am not panicking. I am not buying up everyone's share of hand sanitizer or toilet paper. But, the good Lord gave me a brain and the ability to use it, for the most part. As a person more likely to get what is going around, I try to keep a safe distance between myself and anyone who appears to be ill with anything. 

The thing I am most concerned about, however, is the possibility of contracting COVID-19 and potentially passing it on to my more vulnerable or elderly friends. There is a good chance that I would recover. My friends, not so much. I have a surprising number of friends who are over 90 as well as quite a few over 80. I would not put them in jeopardy for the world. 

Yes, I am trying to keep a sense of humor about all this. I post funny stuff on Facebook. I did joke about stocking up on Girl Scout Cookies. But, I am keeping up with current information from reliable sources, and I know not to trivialize this by making it political. I also don't question the strength of my faith because I do take COVID-19 seriously. 

Stay well, everyone. 





No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...