Saturday, March 28, 2020

Art Supplies

During this COVID-19 crisis, I have been trying not to order "non-essential" things from Amazon. I want the workers to be focusing on things like getting essential supplies where they need to be. I order some of my necessary supplements and medical supplies from them, so I want those to be a priority. 

However, I also need to stay sane and feel like I am contributing something during this crisis. I am doing this by making sure a 90-year-old friend has the things she needs, and by making cards for my friends who are currently confined not just to nursing homes, but also confined to their rooms. No visitors. No activities. No socializing even with each other in some cases. Having been in nursing homes to rehab hip replacements, this would have been nothing short of Hell for me. 

So, when my paper cutter blade went dull and I ran out of tape runner and pretty printed paper, I debated whether is was right to order replacements for these things so I could continue making cards. After a day or so of inner debate, I finally decided to make my order. In my case, right now, art supplies are as essential as just about anything else. I am not a TV watcher. I can only read for so long before my eyes give out. I have to take Social media breaks for my own sanity. But, I can make cards as long as my hands will let me. And they are something tangible that might bring a smile to someone's face. I hope those wonderful workers at Amazon didn't mind packing my art supplies too much. 

I have seen several posts dubbed #covidcrafts.

 I guess I'm not the only one. 




No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...