Sunday, April 12, 2020

A Strange Easter

This morning, I awoke to a very different Easter. 

First of all, I decadently slept till after 6 AM. This would not happen on a normal Easter at Hermanville United Methodist Church. There was not an Easter card from my husband on the kitchen table this year. I'm sure he knew that I would have his head if he had gone anywhere and lingered long enough to look at cards. His chocolate bunny is pitifully small this year, but it was the only one I could quickly find while in a local Dollar General (to which I will not be going back anytime soon!) replacing my broken tea pitcher, which IS an essential item in my house. 

I will not be eating Easter lunch at Granna's with my family. It will be lunch for two with just my husband and me. I did spend much of yesterday cooking what is pretty close to a normal Easter lunch with the items I was able to have delivered by Instacart and could find at Honeybaked Ham. We will have stuffed eggs and candied yams. Because of the possibility of inclement weather today, I made plates for Granna and some other elderly friends and delivered them yesterday. I know that they will especially miss being with their families this year. I want everyone to have at least a little taste of "Easter food." 

Instead of a live church service, I will watch a local service on Facebook. I will sing along with hymns, even if my husband looks at me funny. And I WILL celebrate the risen Christ regardless of the current circumstances. Easter has been distilled to its essence. That is not a bad thing. 

Happy Easter! 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...