Sunday, August 03, 2008

Funeral


I usually don't have much trouble going to funerals. I am thankful for the chance to pay my last respects to friends and loved ones who have lived a good life.

But I am dragging my feet about going to one that will take place in the morning. It is for the infant twin daughters of my sweet, precious fellow church member and chiropractor. One of these babies was stillborn and the other died at 6 days. The idea of losing not one, but two babies in 6 days is just beyond my comprehension. There are no comforting words or thoughts for this situation.

Just the thought of walking into that funeral home brings me to tears. But, I will put on my big girl pants and be there for this family.

But I am taking plenty of Kleenex.

1 comment:

auntie-c said...

Many hugs for you and them...

love you

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...