Monday, August 04, 2008

Trip



Today it really hit me.

In less than a month, my husband and I will be taking our first trip to the Pacific Northwest. We will fly to Portland, Oregon on September 2. This will be our slightly early 25th anniversary celebration. I do not want to be anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon line on our actual anniversary, November 26th. In Portland, we hope to hook up with one of my friends and get her to take us to Powell Books
http://www.powells.com/. I know that we will have to twist her arm something fierce to get her to agree to this! ;P

From Portland, we plan to take AmTrak to Seattle, rent a car, and head up to Mt. Vernon, WA. There, we will take shameless advantage of a friend who has offered to take us sightseeing into Canada.

A return to Seattle will find us looking up yet another friend who will hopefully be able to spend some time with us if the busy social calendars of her young children can be worked around. ;)

My pink and black polka dotted suitcase came in the mail today. Yes, I am serious!

I am ready!


3 comments:

auntie-c said...

Oh... babe!

I cannot wait to see that adorable suitcase bringing you here!

Rest up so you feel great for our trip into Canada.

love you!
~c

Eleanor said...

JEALOUS!!!

SuziQoregon said...

LOVE!!! the suitcase

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...