Friday, August 29, 2008

Watching



We are still watching Hurricane Gustav. So far, we really can't tell exactly where he is going to hit at this point. Even if he does not directly hit the Mississippi Gulf Coast, that does not mean that we will not be affected. These pictures are from 1992 when high winds brought about by Hurricane Andrew uprooted a healthy tree in our front yard, slamming it into the room that is now my office. Thank goodness, neither of us was in the room at the time. The tree did not just fall on the roof, it smashed through the wall and demolished the hardwood floor. It took almost a year to get our home back to normal.

I can totally understand that my husband does not want to risk going on a trip and coming back to something like this. But that does not keep me from hoping that things are under enough control by Tuesday morning so that we can leave without worry.

Meanwhile, I am packing and still hoping for the best!


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...