Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Reading

dog
see more dog pictures


When I saw this I had to laugh. It is so like me.

When I was a kid, my mom had fits trying to get my nose out of books and into doing my chores. I read with a flashlight under the covers and sitting on the floor of the bathroom late at night because I could not turn on the lamp in the room I shared with my sister.

As I have gotten older, I have more trouble focusing to read. I can't listen to audio books because I fall asleep! So it is pretty rare that I get something I cannot put down these days. The exception to this has been Diana Gabaldon's "Outlander" series. It has time travel, romance, and Scotland. I can't ask for much more than that.

Excerpts and more information can be found here.

http://www.its.caltech.edu/~gatti/gabaldon/gabaldon.html

These books are rather massive, but totally worth the effort.

I am on the last pages of the last one and I hate for it to end.

Le meas!









No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...