Friday, July 03, 2009

Batteries

If someone really wanted to cripple our society, all he or she would need to do is take away all of our batteries.

I think about the number of things in my home that require batteries, and it boggles my mind. Flashlights, remotes, phones, tools, MP3 players, clocks, smoke alarms, tape players, weather radio, cameras, scooter, and I am sure there are some I have not remembered.

This morning, when my husband went to crank the van, he discovered that the battery was dead. We could not go anywhere until a new battery had been purchased and installed.

Forget nuclear weapons and germ warfare. Just take out the battery factories. Simple.

And scary.

Sheesh.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...