Saturday, July 11, 2009

Framing


For the first time, I am having one of my watercolor paintings professionally framed. My husband took this snapshot of Bethel Presbyterian Church in Claiborne County, MS and wanted me to try to paint it. After a certain amount of weeping, wailing, and gnashing of teeth, I finally finished it.

This little church, which has since been painted (that makes it less picturesque in my book) sits near the ruins of Windsor. The church was built in the mid 1840s. A tornado destroyed the steeple, which Yankee soldiers had used for target practice marching to the Battle of Port Gibson, in 1943.

By next week, one of my own paintings will be hanging in my house.

Cool.

1 comment:

Melissa Foster Denney said...

This is beautiful, Karen~

Let me know when you start to accept commissions~

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...