Saturday, July 04, 2009

Finally!

Last night I finally had a complete night's sleep with my own BiPap!

This saga began about 3 months ago, if I recall correctly. I took my broken BiPap in to see if it could be fixed and got a loaner. The loaner was OK, but worked just differently enough that I had trouble getting used to it. My original stayed in the shop for almost 2 months.

The first time I took my original home, it would not blow anything but small puffs of air. I had returned the loaner when I picked this one up, so I was stuck sleeping sitting up on the couch until I could get it back to Jackson. Turns out, it was a software problem that was fixable in the local office.

Once again, I took it home only to find out that the cord to the humidifier was missing from the "new" bundle of cords that was sent back from the shop. I used it without the humidifier, at the cost of waking up with a sore throat in the mornings until I could drive the 50 miles to get another one.

When I got that cord, I thought I was home free until I hooked up the humidifier only to discover that the adaptor to the humidifier was not operational. Another night on the couch.

Fortunately, I was spared another trip to Jackson by my friend, Teresa, who was coming to Vicksburg and picked the cotton-pickin' thing up for me.

Next time, I am gonna "accidentally" drop the thing in the Mississippi River and demand a new one.

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...