Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Stuff

Just some random musings on happenings of the week...

My art teacher heard those most beautiful words today. "The lump is not malignant." I was with her when she heard and rejoiced with her.

My dad is doing remarkably well, despite tiring easily. Not everyone comes through this surgery so well and I am thankful.

My stepmom's son and daughter-in-law have moved back in across the street from us. I am somewhat selfishly thankful stepmom will have "responsible" blood kin here as she gets older. I would do anything in the world for her, but I am happy to know that there will be more than "me" on board should the need arise.

I really like my new pastor! I think that he is going to be that rare combination of "preacher" and "pastor." Given the choice, I would rather have a pastor, but I will happily take a good combo.

We finally got that long, soaking rain that we so desperately needed last night. The grass and flowers looked refreshed and relieved this morning.

I am still loving my painting. I can paint even when it is too hot to be out or I feel too bad to do much of anything else.

I have much to be thankful for.

And I am.


No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...