Saturday, December 26, 2009

After Christmas


It's December 26th and the first day of Christmas is officially over. Of course, I celebrate all 12 days and don't take my tree down until after the first of the year.

This Christmas held a few surprises. Usually, I have to beg and plead for my husband to get the tree and decorations out of the shed in the back yard. This year, I had almost decided to forgo the decorating, and HE was the one who kept asking when I was going to put them up. I was not going to put the snowman decoration out front, and Bill was the one who did it one night while I was away. I guess he was not as enamored at the thought of no decorations as he may have thought.

I did not bake the first Christmas treat. I am trying to lose weight and I just could not handle having anything around the house. We got small portions of goodies when we went to gatherings. We survived!

The Christmas cantata rolled along without me for the second year in a row. I love Christmas music, but cheesy, modern cantatas are just not my thing. They wear me out and do nothing for my holiday spirits or energy.

There were are few things I realize I can no longer do very well at Christmas. One is sing at the 11:00 PM service. Awake, but too tired to be very effective. The annual cookie party has been moved to Valentine's Day and that will be OK.

Next on my list is to google how to get wax (from the candlelight Christmas Eve service) out of my best blouse.

Any ideas?




No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...