Friday, December 18, 2009

Still Looking

for answers as to why my fingers are weak, numb, and tingly. Saw the neurosurgeon today and he does not think the disc is the problem. He thinks the nerves are being pinched off at another site, most likely the elbow. Sooooo, that means more tests.

I did not really like this doc. I got a definite "crazy middle aged woman" vibe from him. I was referred for an EMG (Electromyography). These are painful, and not usually a good source of information for me. It was scheduled for January 5th.

My next appointment was with my wonderful chiropractor. I poured out my frustration with my neurosurgical consult. I was concerned about the out of pocket costs of an EMG after the first of the year. It would be a $1000.00 at the very least and probably much more. That sweet man got on the phone, called a doctor he works with a good bit, and got me an appointment for an EMG on December 31st at 3:45. For me, that is a Christmas miracle.

I will decide what to do next when I get the results of that test.

To make today even more fun, I locked myself out of the house after I got home. I have not done that in 25 years. We recently had to have our doorknob replaced and for some reason we were not able to get it keyed the same as the deadbolt. I THOUGHT my darling husband had given his dad a copy of the new key. Nope. I took refuge (if you can call it that) at my dad's house for over 4 hours until aforementioned husband got home from work.

Of course, in the grand scheme of things, none of this is really big stuff. I am going to get new keys made and distributed all around in the morning. And just keep toughing out the hand problems.

And life goes on...

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...