Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Struggling

Trying to stay positive is a struggle right now. I am trying to just keep a low profile until I can be perky again.

I have to wonder if my many friends who love to read would take it well if they could not read more than about an hour a day, and that not all at once. I am not taking temporary here, but permanent.

I have to wonder if my friends who love to sing would take kindly to not being able to sing a recital or concert anymore? Again, permanently.

How many people who truly cherish the ability to send handwritten, heartfelt letters to friends and family would be able to see typewritten correspondence as a genteel substitute?

Which of my artist friends would be content to have to paint in painfully slow increments? Not much is more frustrating that having to look at that unfinished painting while the desire is so keen. No end in sight for this one either.

Picture the above as being the things you most love to do and they are all limited at best, impossible at worst.

I am looking for options. Ways to adapt without going stir crazy. They have to be out there.

Somewhere.


3 comments:

fiona said...

Sorry you are struggling so. It must feel that there is no light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there. You are loved
Carrie

Marla said...

I'm sorry that I just saw this today. Sweetie, I've thought those same thoughts on your behalf many times--you *know* that anyone else would have those same feelings, and probably wouldn't handle them with a fraction of the grace that you have.

I thought of you two weeks ago when I lost my voice. There has been a fear in the back of my mind for years that some day it would just go away and I would never again have the opportunity to experience singing again. I truly do not know what I would do if it were real.

What I do know is that you are one of the most amazing people I've ever met. And I pray for you that God will give you new ways to express that enormous creativity and heart you've been gifted with.

Love you,

Marla

Melissa Foster Denney said...

(((Karen))) You will push through this - I know you will.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...