Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Mad!

OK, I have to rant a bit. 


My niece, who just started college, is having oral surgery today to fix displaced teeth and a cracked jawbone. Why? Because of a stupid dorm initiation ritual that had the freshman girls walking through a field, blindfolded. 


This is the 21st century! Isn't it time for this kind of stupidity to stop? Now, instead of attending her first day of class, young Julie will be sitting in an oral surgeons chair and will have her mouth wired almost completely shut for the next 6 weeks. 


Being the tough kid she is, I know she will deal with this with humor and grace. I just hate that she has to. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...