Friday, September 17, 2010

Off to Four Corners

Tomorrow morning, my 78 year old Daddy and almost 80 year old Stepmom are getting in their Chevrolet Impala and heading out to the Four Corners. This is where Utah, Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona all meet. 


They have no set itinerary. They are just going to drive as far as they feel like driving until they get there. I admire their spirit of adventure. I tend to be a "planner." I want my motel rooms booked and a route firmly mapped out. 


I admit, I am a little nervous as the 'rents go off on this adventure. I have the make and model of the car and the tag number in my cellphone. I made sure they had every number they might possibly need in THEIR cellphone and that Daddy knew how to find said numbers. They do not have a car charger, so I reminded them to plug that phone in and charge it EVERY night, no matter what. They are supposed to call one of the 5 assorted children every night to let us know where they are. And they are supposed to be in a motel by dark every night. 


I feel a bit like a nagging parent. I am both nervous and excited for them. As they become more limited by their health issues, I know that the adventures will be fewer and farther between. 


So I will be praying for protection and safe travels. And hoping they have the time of their lives. 

2 comments:

Judy said...

Sounds great! We plan to visit 4 Corners in January when we go to Arizon to visit my nephew, who moved there to work as a doc in a reservation in Tuba City, AZ. I hope you'll post about their trip!

Linda said...

LOL! As I was reading I was thinking that it sounds much like sending teens off on their first adventure.

They are traveling the way I like to travel. Having reservations means even if I'm tired, or have found something interesting I must push on - or stop before I'm ready.

Wishing them safe travels and tons of fun!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...