Thursday, September 16, 2010

The Cricket Box


This week, I was invited to speak to a group of retired teachers about watercolor painting and teaching at the Vicksburg Senior Center. It was a bit intimidating to look out into the faces of some of those who taught me many years ago. I was tickled to have a chance to say "thank you" to some of my old teachers and for them to see that I did "turn out" OK.
 
While at this gathering, two of the retired teachers came up to me and offered me and my art a place at their new consignment gift shop, "The Cricket Box." I promptly rented a wall space and am now making it my own with my watercolors. 

Rent is only $25.00 a month, along with the owners receiving a 10% commission on sales. This seems extremely fair to me. I signed on through December, so I am taking a $100.00 gamble on myself. 

I think I am worth it. Time will tell. 

3 comments:

Nancy Eaton said...

How great is that! I'm sure that you'll do well! And, thanks for your kind words on my blog!

auntie-c said...

I'd definitely take that gamble, hon! I'm so happy for you.

Anonymous said...

You are SO worth it! I'm thrilled for you.

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...