Sunday, April 24, 2016

Empty Nest

It happened so fast. I thought I was going to have more time. Seems like just yesterday...

My baby bird has grown up and flown away, taking mama and papa bird with her (or him). In less than 3 weeks, she went from being an egg, to what seemed like a perpetually open mouth, to this adorable little fledgling. 

Then, suddenly, she was gone. The nest empty. The azalea bush bare looking without the bright red of the papa cardinal flying in to help feed the baby. 

I have been ridiculously happy watching these birds. It has been an amazing experience to watch the mama build her nest, lay her eggs, and hatch and feed the baby. 

They grow up so fast...

 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...