Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Closet Cleaning

About a year ago, I bought the Marie Kondo book entitled The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up. I was not brave enough at the time to go "whole hog" on my closet.

I had lost quite a bit of weight since going on thyroid meds, but was still too scared to really weed out things that were several sizes too large for me now. With the help of my Fitbit, Synthoid, and being able to eat healthier since my gallbladder surgery, I finally felt confident that I could get rid of the "40 pounds ago" clothes.

My wire closet system was already in place, but burdened down with 4 sizes of clothes and shoes that were too wide now that my feet have stopped swelling. (Thanks again, Synthroid!) 

Monday morning, I took a deep breath, gathered my trash bags, and began the scarey job of emptying my closet. One thing that helped me let go of things I could no longer use was the knowledge that I could send my things to The WareHouse and help Lifting Lives Ministries. I took no prisoners as I got rid of anything I could not wear right now. 

Then, I organized the things I could still wear using the Marie Kondo method. I folded my sweaters, T-Shirts, and nightclothes into rectangles (I have very little drawer space), and put them in wire baskets one behind the other. Everything is easy to see and get to. 

Best of all, having my closet clean is giving me incentive to try to get some of the rest of my house in order. 

Stay tuned. 

No comments:

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...