Saturday, July 26, 2008

1-800-CALL-VIK


1-800-CALL-VIK.

Vik is the person that fortunate computer owners have in their lives. The computer whiz who will take frantic phones calls for help when I have questions about how to do something, or have managed to screw up my system somehow. I know that I am not the only person who makes these frantic phone calls to him, but he always answers in that calm, reassuring voice and I know that he is going to make everything OK.

Vik is living on borrowed time. He has heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes, neuropathy, and other health issues. He deals with the stepfamily issues that would have had the average man leaving long ago. But, thankfully, VIk is not the average man. He moves through life with a gentleness and a sweetness that belies his circumstances.

We need more Viks in this world.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Karen,
We need more people like you as well.I only learned today that you are largely responsible for the wonderful DVD documenting our Fe. Vicksburg celebration. It was brilliant! Hope you feel better and are able to sing soon.
Blessing,
mm

Karen :) said...

Thanks for the kind words! They mean a lot right now! I totally enjoyed making the DVD and go to relive the fun I had that weekend as well!

Bah Humbug?

  I was messaging with a friend today and she said that she had some "Bah Humbug" going on, but she did not know why. That got me ...